Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Day 11 - 4/11/2023

 Day 11 - 4/11/2023


The things I do to try and get to sleep:


1- Lie on my right side

Right arm up under the pillow

Left arm in some

godforsaken limbo

Where it is transformed

Into an awkward hummingbird

Never able to settle

Always moving

...Nope


2- Lie on my left side

Recreating, with near perfect symmetry

The pose from moments before

Left arm, comfortable

Right arm

Like a mackerel

On the deck

...Nope


*Bathroom Break*


3- Lie on my back

See, that is just

not happening

My lungs forget to expand

And contract 

When I lie on my back

...Nope


*Bathroom Break...again*


4- Lie on my right side...again

Now it's my knees that can't

Seem to find a way to get along

Bone on Bone

Cap on cap

Or one leg in front

Of the other

In an askew

Runner's stance

...Nope


*Bathroom Break 3*


5- Back to my left side

The side with the edge

And now my foot

Decides it wants to try

Dangling

Or, maybe my leg

Made that call

I just know I didn't

...Nope


6_ Wake up

No clue what position it was

In which I finally 

Found ease enough to 

Sleep





No comments:

Post a Comment